// Frontend Developer Job Description Template
Frontend developers, as the name suggests, work on the frontend, or the client-facing side of your website. They work on all the components that your website’s visitors can actually see and interact with and hence are vital to your team. This Frontend developer job description template will help you hire the best developer for your team.Hire a Top Front End Developer
Why hire a Front End Developer?
Hiring a skilled Frontend developer is, most likely, a must for your company. The developer
- Builds the UI and components that your customers actually interact with and can affect their decision to go ahead with your product/service.
- Creates smooth, high-end modern web applications with dynamic interactions using various technologies along with simple HTML/CSS
- Can also work on your mobile application’s frontend so that you can reach a wider audience with your offering.
- Develops stable code that integrates with the backend of your application.
At Flexiple we have learned through trial and error - a process of filtering through over 15,000 developers - that finding great quality when you hire Frontend developers is not always an easy task.
Your Frontend developer job description affects the quality of your hire, and in turn, your project.
Worry not, though. We have compiled this template to make your job easier. We have covered the various Frontend developer roles and responsibilities that your developer should be able to handle and the skills they should possess. Check it out!
Front End Developer - Job Description
Frontend Developer at Tech Consultancy Company
We are a technology consultancy company, based in Europe and are on the lookout for a senior frontend developer. We want the engineer to lead the frontend development and build web and mobile application frontend from scratch using a mix of ReactJS and React Native.
Need a leader and team player who is passionate about developing a robust and beautiful frontend for us and is capable of leading the team of developers.
Frontend Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- You would have to work together with the backend and design teams to plan the app and then execute the plan.
- Should be able to work as an individual contributor and make project-level decisions.
- Should be able to work in an unstructured environment, manage expectations and deliver the output needed.
- You'd be expected to work 3+ hours of overlap with the PST time zone and to work for 40 hours per week
- Lead the team and work on building modular, reusable components for the application.
Expectations in the first week
- Get yourself acquainted with the various practices followed in the team.
- Understand and learn the different stacks and products.
Expectations in the first month
- Design a plan for the application along with the backend and design teams.
- Work together with the frontend team to lead development initiatives for other features
Expectations in the first six months
- Improve the codebase for future upgrades by gathering feedback.
- Run tests to enhance product performance and document the process.
- Work on the accompanying mobile application using the best practices
Frontend Developer Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a frontend ReactJS developer
- 1+ years of experience as a React Native developer
- Comfortable with Redux and Rest API for backend integration.
- Understanding of version control tools like Git, Github and Bitbucket
- 1+ years of experience at an early stage startup
- Remote work experience
- Experience leading teams of 4+ members
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the frontend,, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]
// How to write a Front End Developer Job Description
State your requirement upfront so that you target the right developers.
In the job title use specific and clear keywords to describe your company and the project at hand. Also mention who would be an ideal hire for the role in the title itself to draw their attention.
For the candidate to get an overall sense of what they will be working on, you can specify:
- Info about your company.
- What the project is about, the stage it's at and any future plans.
- The tech stack that your project runs on.
- Who would be an ideal fit for the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
List what is expected of the candidate on joining:
- State the component to be built and programming language to be used.
- Mention how the new hire should coordinate with the team.
- Segregate the role into time-frames showing role progression.
Qualifications and Skills
State the prerequisites for the role here.
- Mention the tech stack, its versions, code editors and project management frameworks that the candidate must be familiar with.
- State any necessary degree, experience working in a remote or hybrid model, side projects and certifications.
Why work with us
Write a short segment about your company's mission and core values to target candidates who align with your ideals.
You can also mention the location, compensation, industry, info about hierarchy/team size, work environment, other opportunities and timings.
Who you'll work with
In this section, you can let the candidate know who they will be working with during and after onboarding.
Share LinkedIn, Twitter and other social profiles of the team/PoC to enable the candidate to prepare in a better way.
// Best Practices
Here are some points to keep in mind when creating your Front End Developer job description.
Consult your team
Get an idea of the work to be done by the new hire and the success metrics from the developers already working on the project.
Avoid confusing the job seeker through the use of jargon in your job description. For instance, say 'Junior Developer' instead of 'App Wizard.'
Keeping just one criteria is a no-no.
Don't make the mistake of hiring candidates with sole focus on hard skills. Watch out for soft skills and any negative signs.
Don't make it too wordy or too bare
Job descriptions that are contain between 700 to 2000 characters receive 30% more applicants than other postings.