// Laravel Developer Job Description Template
Laravel is a PHP framework for web applications that follows the MVC architecture and makes development very easy and fast. It is robust and can be used to design elegant applications. This Laravel developer job description template will help you hire the best developer for your team.Hire a Top Laravel Developer
Why hire a Laravel Developer?
A developer skilled in Laravel can help you:
- Design and build complex web applications, software and tools
- Perform tasks like authentication, routing, caching with ease
- Maintain existing applications and build new custom features fast
At Flexiple we have learned through trial and error - a process of filtering through over 15,000 developers - that finding great quality when you hire Laravel developers is not always an easy task.
Your Laravel developer job description affects the quality of your hire, and in turn, your project.
Worry not, though. We have compiled this template to make your job easier. We have covered the various Laravel developer roles and responsibilities that your developer should be able to handle and the skills they should possess. Check it out!
Laravel Developer - Job Description
Laravel Developer at a Virtual Events Company
We run a virtual events management application in the United States and are looking for a full stack developer who has experience working on VueJS and Laravel to help out with payment integration and to build other additional ticketing/ registration features. Need a full stack engineer to add critical modules and to ramp up the pace of development.
To give more context, our platform helps in building and hosting events, social media marketing and keeping attendees updated with every change. It has everything to run industry conferences, festivals and virtual zoom events.
Laravel Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- You would be expected to work remotely on the payment integration, development of additional ticketing/registration features and other critical modules
- You would working as a full stack developer with our lead engineer to design and build APIs for the frontend and backend features
- You would be working with a 50% overlap from 9 am - 10 pm in the EST time zone
- You would be expected to come up with innovative ideas to improve the product.
Expectations in the first week
- Join the team, understand our team's best practices & processes.
- Get familiar with our product, and our tools
- Get familiar with the business, our business rules, and our best practices
Expectations in the first month
- Document and run tests to enhance product performance.
- Work on bug fixing to improve product performance
Expectations in the first six months
- Understand and translate planned and design specifications into executable code.
- Collaborating with our multidisciplinary teams to plan, design and initiate new features.
Laravel Developer Skills and Qualifications
- You should be able to onboard swiftly and be able to improvise and execute.
- Open to work/overlap in the EST time zone.
- 3+ years of experience in Laravel
- Degree in CS or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in VueJS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Past experience working in a remote setting
- Past experience working with any-stage startup
- Prior experience with a US-based client
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the frontend,, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]
// How to write a Laravel Developer Job Description
State your requirement upfront so that you target the right developers.
In the job title use specific and clear keywords to describe your company and the project at hand. Also mention who would be an ideal hire for the role in the title itself to draw their attention.
For the candidate to get an overall sense of what they will be working on, you can specify:
- Info about your company.
- What the project is about, the stage it's at and any future plans.
- The tech stack that your project runs on.
- Who would be an ideal fit for the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
List what is expected of the candidate on joining:
- State the component to be built and programming language to be used.
- Mention how the new hire should coordinate with the team.
- Segregate the role into time-frames showing role progression.
Qualifications and Skills
State the prerequisites for the role here.
- Mention the tech stack, its versions, code editors and project management frameworks that the candidate must be familiar with.
- State any necessary degree, experience working in a remote or hybrid model, side projects and certifications.
Why work with us
Write a short segment about your company's mission and core values to target candidates who align with your ideals.
You can also mention the location, compensation, industry, info about hierarchy/team size, work environment, other opportunities and timings.
Who you'll work with
In this section, you can let the candidate know who they will be working with during and after onboarding.
Share LinkedIn, Twitter and other social profiles of the team/PoC to enable the candidate to prepare in a better way.
// Best Practices
Here are some points to keep in mind when creating your Laravel Developer job description.
Consult your team
Get an idea of the work to be done by the new hire and the success metrics from the developers already working on the project.
Avoid confusing the job seeker through the use of jargon in your job description. For instance, say 'Junior Developer' instead of 'App Wizard.'
Keeping just one criteria is a no-no.
Don't make the mistake of hiring candidates with sole focus on hard skills. Watch out for soft skills and any negative signs.
Don't make it too wordy or too bare
Job descriptions that are contain between 700 to 2000 characters receive 30% more applicants than other postings.