// Golang Developer Job Description Template
Golang, designed by Google, is a statistically typed and compiled programming language. It is an open-source, general-purpose programming language that can be used for a variety of functions. This Golang developer job description template will help you hire the best developer for your team.Hire a Top Go Developer
Why hire a Go Developer?
A Go developer can help your company to:
- Build native cloud applications that can be used by a wide audience
- Migrate code written on an older platform to Go which is robust and flexible
- Develop many different kinds of applications and smaller tools with not much difficulty
At Flexiple we have learned through trial and error - a process of filtering through over 15,000 developers - that finding great quality when you hire Golang developers is not always an easy task.
Your Golang developer job description affects the quality of your hire, and in turn, your project.
Worry not, though. We have compiled this template to make your job easier. We have covered the various Golang developer roles and responsibilities that your developer should be able to handle and the skills they should possess. Check it out!
Go Developer - Job Description
Golang Developer at an E-Commerce company
We are an e-commerce company based in the Middle East, and are in the process of building an application that will connect and improve the daily lives of consumers, riders and local businesses.
Looking for a backend Golang developer to join our scrum team and work closely with the Product Manager, Quality Analyst and SRE.
Golang Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- You should translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code and optimize services for best performance
- You would have to ensure faster release cycles by managing distribution over the cloud
- You would be expected to take ownership of the tasks and contribute as an individual contributor with minimal supervision
- You should provide 3 hours of overlap with the UAE time zone
Expectations in the first week
- Understand the various practices and processes followed in the team.
- Familiarize yourself with the different stacks and products.
Expectations in the first month
- Build a codebase for one product feature.
- Document and run tests to enhance product performance.
Expectations in the first six months
- Take feedback and improve the codebase for future upgrades.
- Lead development initiatives for other features.
Golang Developer Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Golang
- Understanding of database and version control tools
- Past experience in cloud based apps
- Work at any stage startup is preferred
- Remote working experience
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the frontend,, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]
// How to write a Go Developer Job Description
State your requirement upfront so that you target the right developers.
In the job title use specific and clear keywords to describe your company and the project at hand. Also mention who would be an ideal hire for the role in the title itself to draw their attention.
For the candidate to get an overall sense of what they will be working on, you can specify:
- Info about your company.
- What the project is about, the stage it's at and any future plans.
- The tech stack that your project runs on.
- Who would be an ideal fit for the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
List what is expected of the candidate on joining:
- State the component to be built and programming language to be used.
- Mention how the new hire should coordinate with the team.
- Segregate the role into time-frames showing role progression.
Qualifications and Skills
State the prerequisites for the role here.
- Mention the tech stack, its versions, code editors and project management frameworks that the candidate must be familiar with.
- State any necessary degree, experience working in a remote or hybrid model, side projects and certifications.
Why work with us
Write a short segment about your company's mission and core values to target candidates who align with your ideals.
You can also mention the location, compensation, industry, info about hierarchy/team size, work environment, other opportunities and timings.
Who you'll work with
In this section, you can let the candidate know who they will be working with during and after onboarding.
Share LinkedIn, Twitter and other social profiles of the team/PoC to enable the candidate to prepare in a better way.
// Best Practices
Here are some points to keep in mind when creating your Go Developer job description.
Consult your team
Get an idea of the work to be done by the new hire and the success metrics from the developers already working on the project.
Avoid confusing the job seeker through the use of jargon in your job description. For instance, say 'Junior Developer' instead of 'App Wizard.'
Keeping just one criteria is a no-no.
Don't make the mistake of hiring candidates with sole focus on hard skills. Watch out for soft skills and any negative signs.
Don't make it too wordy or too bare
Job descriptions that are contain between 700 to 2000 characters receive 30% more applicants than other postings.