Spring Developer - Job Description
Spring Developer at a Gaming Platform Company
We are a US-based company presently building a gaming platform that ensures fair use by all the gamers on the platform - our most important users.
We need a backend Spring developer to work on the platform and develop new features.
Spring Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- As the Senior Backend Developer, you would be working to develop modules and features from scratch while working with a small tech team.
- You would start with understanding the architecture and the code structure in the first month and then ramp up to work independently on features and make decisions so as to build a scalable product.
- You would be expected to take ownership of the tasks and contribute as an individual contributor with minimal supervision
- You should provide 3 hours of overlap with the US time zone (NY time)
Expectations in the first week
- Join the team, understand our team's best practices & processes.
- Get familiar with our product, and our tools
- Get familiar with the business, our business rules, and our best practices
Expectations in the first month
- Document and run tests to enhance product performance.
- Work on bug fixing to improve product performance
Expectations in the first six months
- Understand and translate planned and design specifications into executable code.
- Collaborating with our multidisciplinary teams to plan, design and initiate new features.
Spring Developer Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Java Spring
- Keen interest in gaming and familiarity with modern gaming platforms
- Ability to work as an individual contributor
- 1+ years of experience in test automation
- A good comprehension of database technology such as Oracle, SQL.
- Past experience working with a US-based company
- Past experience working with a startup
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the frontend,, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]