Software Engineer - Job Description
Software Engineer at a SaaS company
We are looking for a software engineer to work on a SaaS tool that indexes Amazon pricing data and exposes it via a simple, two-page web app. The product retrieves data from Amazon and delivers it to 500+ users.
Need a Golang developer to complete and maintain a new high-end paid Chrome extension to serve the community of Amazon sellers.
We have over 1,000 paying users and have been in existence for 3 years. We want to add another full-time Golang engineer to work with the team to manage task overflows and to complete the Chrome extension project, and provide ongoing maintenance.
Software Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
- You would be responsible to head the team and work on completing and maintaining a new high-end paid Chrome extension to serve the community of Amazon sellers.
- Your role will include maintenance of existing apps as well as work on new features and products
- You will have a considerable amount of flexibility when it comes to technology choices
- The design and implementation of the extension would be mainly your responsibility
Expectations in the first week
- Join the team, understand our team's best practices & processes.
- Get familiar with our product, and our tools
- Get familiar with the business, our business rules, and our best practices
Expectations in the first month
- Document and run tests to enhance product performance.
- Work on bug fixing to improve product performance
Expectations in the first six months
- Understand and translate planned and design specifications into executable code.
- Collaborating with our multidisciplinary teams to plan, design and initiate new features.
Software Engineer Skills and Qualifications
- Some amount of experience with service-oriented architecture, Ruby + Rails/ Sinatra API'sQ, VueJS, and AWS
- Familiarity with at least one modern JS framework, DevTools and Chrome API.
- 3+ years of experience in Golang
- 2+ years of experience as a team leader with 3+ members
- Past experience working in a remote setting
- Past experience working with any-stage startup
- Past experience on Chrome extensions would be a plus
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the frontend,, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]