Ruby on Rails Developer - Job Description
Ruby on Rails Developer at a FinTech Startup
We are an Ireland based FinTech startup and have a market leading pay-later platform that is a one-stop app for all purchases. We have a mobile app in which specific modules need to be added and need a dedicated developer for this.
We need a Golang + Ruby on Rails developer to join the remote-first team to work on specific critical modules that will be integrated with the core platform.
Ruby on Rails Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- You will work on developing new features-building POCs, getting feedback, and scaling the product
- You should translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code and optimize services for best performance
- You would have to ensure faster release cycles by managing distribution over the cloud
- You will need to have hands-on experience in all aspects of software development analysis, coding, writing tests, deployment
Expectations in the first week
- Get yourself acquainted with the various practices followed in the team.
- Understand and learn the different stacks and products.
Expectations in the first month
- Build a codebase for one fintech product feature.
- Run tests to enhance product performance and document the process.
Expectations in the first six months
- Improve the codebase for future upgrades by gathering feedback.
- Work together with front end teams to lead development initiatives for other features.
Ruby on Rails Developer Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails
- Should have knowledge of relational databases, SQL, ACID, and distributed locking Solid OOPS understanding
- Need to have a good exposure to building distributed systems, and microservices architecture.
- Remote working experience at any stage startup is preferred
- Experience leading teams in the past
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the frontend,, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]