ReactJS Developer - Job Description
ReactJS Developer at a Virtual Events Startup
We are looking for a ReactJS developer who will work on our startup's upcoming virtual events application. We need a developer to collaborate with the backend team as well as the UI/UX designers and develop and maintain the web application MVP.
The app would help in spreading the news about summits and workshops along with the scheduling and booking functions for the same.
Our startup is in its early stages and on the lookout for a highly passionate individual who is an expert at writing code and solving problems, and will take complete ownership of the frontend.
ReactJS Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- You would be solely responsible for building the frontend of the web application.
- You need to be able to build a dynamic, robust, and responsive UI for the application.
- You’d have to work closely with the rest of the development team on writing, testing and debugging the app.
- You’d also be expected to write scalable code and maintain the documentation for the frontend.
Expectations in the first week
- Join the team, get familiar with the business, our business rules, and best practices
- Learn about the challenges we are facing, our plans for the future, and vision for the product
- Start working on a plan for the frontend of the application
Expectations in the first month
- Start with the execution of planned components for the MVP
- Collaborate with designers, understand and translate design specifications into executable code.
- Collaborating with backend and design teams to plan, design and initiate new features.
Expectations in the first six months
- Document and run tests to enhance performance of the product/
- Work on bug fixing to improve its performance
- Launch the MVP, take feedback from customers and improve the codebase for future upgrades.
ReactJS Developer Skills and Qualifications
- Comfortable with Redux and Rest API
- 3+ years of experience as a ReactJS developer
- Comfortable with version control tools like Git, Github and integrated development environments like WebStorm and VSCode.
- A good understanding of Agile software development and scrum methodology
- Experience with running test cases and debugging
- Familiarity with UX and design application and execution
- Experience working with an early stage startup or developing complex projects on your own
- Remote work experience
- ReactJS developer Certifications: Developing Front-End Apps with React: IBM Skills Network, Meta Front-end Developer, Meta Advanced React
Round 1 : A home test that involves a problem statement and you have to come up with a solution code to it.
Round 2 : A technical interview over which you’ll be tested on hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with a co-founder from the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
Working with our team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work in a flat, transparent and interactive culture.
- Get support for setting up a home office.
- Expect exponential growth and learning.
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the engineering team lead, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]