// Python Developer Job Description Template
A Python developer's capabilities are vast; primarily ranging in the domains of software development, web development, and data analysis. With the right Python developer, optimize your solutions to fit your business and data requirements. This Python developer job description template will help you hire the best developer for your team.Hire a Top Python Developer
Why hire a Python Developer?
With a Python developer on board, you can:
- Develop applications with effective, robust, and functional frameworks
- Create complex, custom prototypes with ease
- Test UIs and optimize applications to enhance performance
- Incorporate Big Data into your business operations with Machine Learning
- Use Artificial Intelligence to analyze and process large amounts of data for business needs
At Flexiple we have learned through trial and error - a process of filtering through over 15,000 developers, that to find great quality when you hire Python developers is not always an easy task.
Your Python developer job description affects the quality of your hire, and in turn, your project.
Worry not, though. We have compiled this template to make your job easier. We have covered the various Python developer roles and responsibilities that your developer should be able to handle and the skills they should possess. Check it out!
Python Developer - Job Description
Python Developer at an Enterprise SaaS Company
We are looking to hire a Python Developer who is comfortable working to develop web applications and stream data processing jobs. Someone who is confident with their ability in designing efficient backend systems. You would be joining an autonomous team of developers with a flat organizational structure who are passionate about delivering quality results to our clients.
Python Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be building and refining our python backend system, including the core optimization system and our customer facing APIs
- You will be collaborating with front-end developers, testers, QA leads, and project managers to deliver robust applications
- You will be working and coordinating with the operational team with objective of identifying, dissecting, and resolving bugs
- You will have to be up-to-date with the newest technologies to maintain and scale our high load system
- You will be sharing feedback and brainstorming ideas with teams to develop and introduce new features
Expectations in the first week
- Join the team, understand our team's best practices & processes.
- Get familiar with our product, and our tools
- Get familiar with the business, our business rules, and our best practices
Expectations in the first month
- Document and run tests to enhance product performance.
- Work on bug fixing to improve product performance
Expectations in the first six months
- Understand and translate planned and design specifications into executable code.
- Collaborating with our multidisciplinary teams to plan, design and initiate new features.
Python Developer Skills, Certifications and Qualifications
- 2+ years of technical experience with Python.
- 3+ years knowledge in mobile app development.
- 1+ years of experience in test automation.
- Has previously worked with Django-based UI design (1+ yrs.).
- Experience in AI/ ML projects, particularly in optimizing and selection of models that align with the business requirement in terms of patterns to be used to get the required outcome.
- A good comprehension of database technology such as Oracle, SQL.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments.
- Good comprehension and familiarity with CSS and HTML.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any other equivalent work experience.
- Has worked with Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift.
- Has experience on CI/CD pipeline setup with Jenkins, SonarQube, Git.
- Has a good understanding/familiarity with AWS experience (EC2, RDS, IAM).
- Python Certifications: Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer (PCEP), Certified Associate in Python Programmer (PCAP)
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
- Support for setting up home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the founder, the engineering team lead and design team. To know more the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're interested in the role, send in your resume to the this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]
// How to write a Python Developer Job Description
State your requirement upfront so that you target the right developers.
In the job title use specific and clear keywords to describe your company and the project at hand. Also mention who would be an ideal hire for the role in the title itself to draw their attention.
For the candidate to get an overall sense of what they will be working on, you can specify:
- Info about your company.
- What the project is about, the stage it's at and any future plans.
- The tech stack that your project runs on.
- Who would be an ideal fit for the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
List what is expected of the candidate on joining:
- State the component to be built and programming language to be used.
- Mention how the new hire should coordinate with the team.
- Segregate the role into time-frames showing role progression.
Qualifications and Skills
State the prerequisites for the role here.
- Mention the tech stack, its versions, code editors and project management frameworks that the candidate must be familiar with.
- State any necessary degree, experience working in a remote or hybrid model, side projects and certifications.
Why work with us
Write a short segment about your company's mission and core values to target candidates who align with your ideals.
You can also mention the location, compensation, industry, info about hierarchy/team size, work environment, other opportunities and timings.
Who you'll work with
In this section, you can let the candidate know who they will be working with during and after onboarding.
Share LinkedIn, Twitter and other social profiles of the team/PoC to enable the candidate to prepare in a better way.
// Best Practices
Here are some points to keep in mind when creating your Python Developer job description.
Consult your team
Get an idea of the work to be done by the new hire and the success metrics from the developers already working on the project.
Avoid confusing the job seeker through the use of jargon in your job description. For instance, say 'Junior Developer' instead of 'App Wizard.'
Keeping just one criteria is a no-no.
Don't make the mistake of hiring candidates with sole focus on hard skills. Watch out for soft skills and any negative signs.
Don't make it too wordy or too bare
Job descriptions that are contain between 700 to 2000 characters receive 30% more applicants than other postings.