NodeJS Developer - Job Description
NodeJS Developer at a FinTech Real Estate Startup
We are looking for a NodeJS developer to work on building a modern financial planning and analysis (FP&A) platform for real estate property managers.
We are a FinTech Real Estate Startup based in Europe, and are presently looking for a founding engineer who is passionate and a strong independent contributor. You’d be required to focus on developing the core MVP’s backend in NodeJS. An overlap with the team in Pacific Time would also be needed.
NodeJS Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- Read and process the financial and operational historical data from the third-party property management system API.
- Work closely with the frontend team to understand their requirements and build APIs that the frontend team can use
- Build modules to store financial and operational historical data in a relational database
- Share feedback and brainstorm ideas with teams to improve the development process.
- Develop a chart of accounts via API and associate/map each account with an Account View/Type, Budget Category, and Budget Sub-Category.
Expectations in the first week
- Get yourself acquainted with the various practices followed in the team.
- Understand and learn the different stacks and products.
Expectations in the first month
- Start work on developing the core MVP
- Run tests to enhance product performance and document the process.
Expectations in the first six months
- Improve the codebase for future upgrades by gathering feedback.
- Work together with backend end team to lead development initiatives for other features.
NodeJS Developer Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in NodeJS and ExpressJS
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of version control tools like Git, Github and Bitbucket
- Past experience in deploying web applications
- Experience working with APIs and working with frontend teams, along with a basic understanding of ReactJS and AngularJS.
- Prior experience with enterprise SaaS applications
- Worked at any stage startup or have developed projects of their own ideas.
- Remote working experience
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the founder, the engineering team lead and design team. To know more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]