Fullstack Developer - Job Description
Fullstack Developer at a Private Social Network Company
We are a private social networking company that helps members to fund bills and be debt-free through advertising payments collected from dedicated followers worldwide. We have millions of subscribers worldwide and the next aim is to know these followers' interests and connect them with the right people and businesses to fund their bills.
At present, we are looking for a senior full-stack MERN stack developer to join a project and help out with the new initiatives. We need the developer to join as the CTO and guide the team of developers with the work.
Fullstack Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- You would lead the backend and frontend development teams and guide them in the next phase of development.
- Should be able to work as an individual contributor as well as team lead and make top-level project decisions.
- You should be able to work in an unstructured environment, manage expectations and deliver the output needed.
- You'd be expected to work 3+ hours of overlap with the PST time zone and to work for 40 hours per week
- Plan new initiatives and work on building modular, reusable components for the application.
- You would be responsible for periodically performing security checks on the system both the cloud hosting as well as web and mobile applications
Expectations in the first week
- Get yourself acquainted with the various practices followed in the team.
- Understand and learn the different stacks and products.
Expectations in the first month
- Design a plan for the next steps of the application along and ensure that the existing teams are aligned with it.
- Work together with the teams to lead development initiatives for other features
Expectations in the first six months
- Improve the codebase for future upgrades by gathering feedback.
- Run tests to enhance product performance and document the process.
- Work on the accompanying mobile application using best practices
Fullstack Developer Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience as a fullstack MERN developer
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership role with at least 3 other team members
- Understanding of version control tools like Git, Github and Bitbucket
- 1+ years of experience at an early stage startup
- Remote work experience
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the frontend,, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]