Django Developer - Job Description
Django Developer at a Consultancy Firm
We are a Europe based firm that provides health, risk, safety, and social consulting and sustainability-related services to enterprise clients. Presently, we are working on building digital products for our clients and need an expert to work with us.
We are looking for an experienced Django developer who can work closely with subject matter experts and technical leaders from business units across time zones as a part of various diverse teams.
Django Developer Roles and Responsibilities
- You would work closely with the development team and work on the backend of the application.
- You would work with product managers to ideate software solutions for the next stages.
- You should apply development principles and best practices to build a scalable platform.
- You should develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- You would be testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- You're expected to dedicate 20-25 hours a week.
Expectations in the first week
- Join the team, understand our team's best practices & processes.
- Get familiar with our product, and our tools
- Get familiar with the business, our business rules, and our best practices
Expectations in the first month
- Document and run tests to enhance product performance.
- Work on bug fixing to improve product performance
Expectations in the first six months
- Understand and translate planned and design specifications into executable code.
- Collaborating with our multidisciplinary teams to plan, design and initiate new features.
Django Developer Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of technical experience with Python.
- 1+ years of experience in test automation.
- Has previously worked with Django-based UI design (1+ yrs.).
- A good comprehension of database technology such as Oracle, SQL.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments.
- Good comprehension and familiarity with CSS and HTML.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any other equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of total experience as a software developer with 1+yrs of experience working remotely and experience with any stage startup is good to have
Round 1 : Take a home test that involves writing a solution code to a problem statement.
Round 2 : Technical interview testing hard and soft skills
Round 3 : Interview with the founder of the company.
Round 4 : HR Interview.
Why work with us
At XYZ, you have the opportunity to
- Work in a fully remote (work from anywhere) role.
- Support for setting up a home office.
- Enjoy a culture with opportunities for exponential growth and learning.
- Receive a more-than-competitive salary plus benefits.
- A flat and transparent culture.
Who you'll work with
You will be working together with the CTO (who is also a co-founder), the frontend,, backend and design teams. To learn more about the individuals you'll be working with you can visit their profiles here: [LinkedIn profile link] or [AngelList profile link].
How to apply
- If you're keen on working in the role, send in your resume to this email address [email ID].
- If you know someone talented who might be a good fit, refer them to us.
- For any queries you have , email us at [email ID]